(908) 464-4707 ext 7303
Welcome to 6th Grade Math!
Unit 10 Area - How can you use measurements to describe two-dimensional figures?
At the end of unit 10, students will be able to answer the following essential questions about area:
- How can you find the area of parallelograms?
- What is the relationship among the areas of triangles, rectangles, and parallelograms?
- How can you find the area of triangles?
- What is the relationship between the areas of trapezoids and parallelograms?
- How can you find the area of trapezoids?
- How can you find the area of regular polygons?
- How can you find the area of composite figures?
- How can you use the strategy "find a pattern" to show how changing dimensions affects area?
- How can you plot polygons on a coordinate plane and find their side lengths?