Tips for Surviving and Thriving in Middle School
- Follow your curiosity. Try new activities, clubs and sports offered in middle school. This is a great way to make new friends while expanding your horizons.
- Use your planner. Your planner will keep you organized for the school year in addition to using Google Classroom to keep track of homework assignments, tests, quizzes and upcoming events
- Keep up with your school work! If you do your homework, prepare for upcoming assessments and communicate with your teachers, you will have a successful school year!
- Ask for help. The middle school is full of people who want to support you through academic, social and/or personal challenges.
- Follow your intuition. In middle school, you will have to make difficult decisions when faced with peer pressure. Ask yourself: is this safe, will someone get hurt, what are the consequences? Your gut will help you decide.
- Self care. Eat healthy, get plenty of sleep (at least 8 hours), stay hydrated, practice good hygiene and take some time to do something you enjoy
- Just breathe. Enjoy this experience and live in the moment!
Last Modified about 2 hours ago