There are numerous things you can do at home to reinforce good articulation skills. Here are some activities to help your child focus on their target sound:
- Be sure to check your child's speech book every week. It is helpful to review the week's target words for at least 5-10 minutes daily!
- Set the kitchen timer...have your child concentrate on their target speech sound while talking about their favorite book, what happened at school or upcoming weekend plans.
- Play "I Spy" in the car and try to find or think of as many objects or words that contain your child's target sound.
- Take turns reading aloud! Find as many words as you can that contain the target sound. Practice reading a whole paragraph or page while concentrating on the sound.
- Play Tic-Tac-Toe. Write a word in each box--be sure to practice the word in a sentence before you mark an X or O.
- Look for pictures in books or magazines that contain your sound.
- Go shopping! Who can name the most grocery items using their sound?
- Create silly tongue twisters and practice them throughout the week!