Welcome to 6th Grade Math!Susan Shallcrosssshallcross@npsdnj.org(908) 464-4707 X5144Click here for the Back-to-School Night Presentation
Unit 2 - Fractions
At the end of Unit 2, students will be able to answer
the following essential questions:
1. How can you convert between fractions and decimals?
2. How do you compare and order fractions and decimals?
3. How do you multiply fractions?
4. How do you simplify fractional factors by using the greatest common factor?
5. How can you use a model to show division of fractions?
6. How can you use compatible numbers to estimate quotients of fractions and mixed numbers?
7. How do you divide fractions?
8. How do you use a model to show division of mixed numbers?
9. How do you divide mixed numbers?
10. How can you use the strategy "use a model" to help you solve a division problem?