END OF YEAR- GRADUATING SENIORS TRANSFERRING GOOGLE FILES -
INFO AND HOW TO VIDEO
id=0B_ Dm2wGcsWzrakhNLXlwcjZqQ0k& authuser=0
This document contains information about what will happen to your school email messages and files stored at Google Apps at New Providence School District Account (npsdnj.org) after graduation. It also provides information about what you need to do in order to transfer and save messages, files and other data currently stored in your school (npsdnj.org) Google account.
YOU MUST READ AND ACT ON THIS INFORMATION before the last day of June if you want to avoid losing all email messages and other data from your npsdnj.org Google account at New Providence School District.
GRADUATING SENIOR NPSDNJ.ORG GOOGLE ACCOUNTS SET TO EXPIRE ON THE LAST DAY OF JUNE.
GOOGLE MAIL AT NPSDNJ.ORG
Your district-provided email account and all of your messages will no longer be available after the last day of June. Anything in your email at that time will be deleted and not recoverable after the last day of June. If you want to save the email in your student account, you will need to print it out, save it to a disk, or forward email messages to another account. It is not possible to redirect email messages sent to your npsdnj.org account after that time as user accounts have to be available for reassignment to future students. Any incoming messages sent to your student address after the last day of June, will bounce back to the sender.
GOOGLE APPS AT NPSD
When your account expires on the last day of June, you will also lose access to your files stored at your npsdnj.org Google account and those files (such as documents, presentations, images, spreadsheets, calendar entries, etc.) will be permanently deleted shortly thereafter. If you have any content stored at Google Drive at NPSDNJ.ORG, you will need to download copies of your documents to usb key or computer in order to preserve them.Note: If you use Google Drive and plan to delete your Google Account, you'll have to move your archive to a different storage space before deleting your account.
OPTION 2: Save Your Google Drive Files (Documents, Presentations, Spreadsheets, Forms). All of the Google Drive files that you created as a student can be downloaded to your home computer or a flash drive with one easy operation.
1. All Google items can be downloaded from any computer with Internet access. Log in to your npsdnj.org Google account. Go to the Documents home page. Move your cursor over a document, presentation, or spreadsheet to highlight it, and click on the "Actions" link that appears to the right. Choose "Download..."
2. When the download dialog box appears, choose the "All Items" tab, then select the file formats you would like to use to download your documents. In most cases, nothing has to be changed here. Click "Download" to begin zipping your files.
3. Wait for your files to be downloaded; do not choose any other option. You will have the option to unzip (unarchive) or save your file; choose "Save File". Locate your saved file in the downloads directory and move it to your chosen location.
Here's a quick checklist of things you need to do in order to not get caught off guard or lose any valuable files.
- If you do not already have one, get a non-npsdnj.org gmail account.
- Start migrating to a non-npsdnj.org email account now and give that address to people who need to reach you after graduation.
- Print, save, or redirect the email you want to keep.
- You have between now and June 29, 2017 to direct and forward your messages there.
If you have additional questions that haven't been answered in this message or need assistance with saving the contents of your email please contact: Mr. McGeechan, or Mrs. Andersen, at the high school.
Educational Technology Specialist
New Providence High School
Department Head of Technology and Information Services
New Providence School Districtsandersen@npsdnj.org