Clearing Out Google Credentials on iPads
When you use a browser on an iPad, like Safari or Chrome, it saves some information from websites in its cache and cookies. Clearing them fixes certain problems, like loading or formatting issues on sites. Sometimes it's also necessary to clear out the cache and cookies on your device that include a student's Google credentials to help fix problems logging in. Here are the directions on how to do that for the Safari Browser on an iPad as well as the Chrome Browser on an iPad.
To clear your history and cookies, go to Settings > Safari, and tap Clear History and Website Data.
- Open the Chrome app
- In the top right corner tap the three horizontal dots for More (...)
- Tap History and then tap the red Clear browsing data... (at the bottom of the box)
- Make sure there’s a checkmark next to "Cookies, Site Data," and "Cached Images and Files."
- Select the appropriate Time Range (Last Hour, Last 24 Hours, Last 7 Days, Last 4 Weeks, or All Time*).
* I recommend selecting "All Time" to clear everything out.
- Tap the blue Clear browsing data at the top of the box.
- Tap the red Clear Browsing Data at the bottom of the box.
- Tap the red Clear Browsing Data again that pops up.
- Tap the blue Done at the top of the box, then tap Done again.