For Students with School Issued iPads at Home:
Steps to Take if Something on your iPad is Not Working:
1. Check your wifi settings - turn it off and back on. Go to a new website or try a Google search in Safari and see if it loads. If your wifi is not working, please ask your parents for help.
2. Closeout of all open apps on your iPad.
3. Restart the iPad.
1. Press and hold the Power button until you see a slider appear on top of your screen.
2. Once the Power Off slider appears, swipe right
3. With the iPad powered off, hold the Power button and wait for the Apple logo to appear on the screen.
1. Press and hold the Power button and the Home button at the same time
2. Wait for the device to reboot and then release the buttons once the Apple logo appears.
4. If an app still isn't working:
- Tap and hold on the app and choose delete.
- Open the app called "Self Service*" - if this app doesn't open properly, double-tap the home button and swipe up to close the Self Service app and open the app again. If the Self Service app still doesn't work, restart the iPad and try again.
- Search for the app that you deleted and choose to install or reinstall the app. Give it some time. If you wait 10 minutes and the app doesn't start installing, restart the iPad again.
*NOTE: The Self Service app is like the App Store but for a district device. It is where you go to find apps that are available for you to install.
If you try the above steps and you still can't get it to work, please send Mrs. Fahey an email.