ADVANCED PLACEMENT EXAMS 2020
Student "To Do" List:
- Confirm the date and time of exams by logging into your My AP account.
- Check what materials will be needed for each individual exam and download any necessary forms on AP's website, including, but not limited to, the AP Checklist.
- Read the AP Testing Guide, cover to cover.
- Review AP's "5 Steps to Get Ready"
- Try the demo to ensure your technology works.
Two days before the exam:
- Students will receive an e-ticket to the email listed in their My AP account. (If the ticket does not come via email, students will be able to access their e-ticket by logging into My AP.)
Just prior to exam:
- Disable the Grammarly plug-in on your testing device
- Do not access any shared documents or folders, as this may be considered sharing work.
- Photos of handwritten responses must be in one of the following formats: .png, .jpg or .jpeg. If you are an iPhone user,
please be aware that the photo format defaults to .heic, which will not be accepted on the AP exams. To change this
setting on your iPhone please follow the steps outlined in this video tutorial or the below photo.
- If something minor goes wrong on test day (a student’s device crashes, the browser shuts down, etc.), students should quickly click their e-ticket again and resume testing.
- If the disruption negatively impacted the student’s performance or they have lost too much time, they can request approval to take a makeup exam by filling out the makeup request form.
- The AP helpline will be closed, and no tech support will be available through College Board during the exams.
- NPHS counselors and faculty will not have the means to assist with technology issues.
- The only recourse if anything does go wrong during the exams is for the student to complete the the makeup request form. (NPHS counselors and faculty cannot fill the form out on the student’s behalf.)
Tech Tutorials (courtesy of Mrs. Hornstein):
- Grammarly and Shared Doc Fixes for AP Exams
- Walkthrough & Tips for Uploading Your 2020 AP Exams (Both Handwritten & Typed Responses)
Letters/Instructions from the Counseling Department:
- June 8, 2020
- May 26, 2020
- May 18, 2020
- May 13, 2020
- May 5, 2020
- April 30, 2020
- April 15, 2020
- April 6, 2020
Please note: Only students enrolled at and attending New Providence High School are permitted to test here. We are unable to accommodate students from other schools.
2019-20 AP Coordinator: Ms. Lindsay Gnudi