Valentine's Day Activity Ideas:
- Use a word cloud maker (word cloud app on iPads or http://www.tagxedo.com/ on computers) to make a Valentine for someone special.
- Read The Valentine Man story to your class and have students use the doodle buddy app on the iPads to create a picture of the Valentine Man as you read the story.
- Create and print a creative Valentine using the Sketches for School, Doodle Buddy, Paint Gallery App on the iPads
- Use the Paint Gallery App to design your own conversation heart.
- Learn how to take your pulse by following the directions at this site: Taking a Pulse. Use the "Tap the Pulse" app to calculate the pulse rate of each member of the class. Compare pulse rates on a chart or graph. Run in place and do it again...what are the differences? Want to know what a normal pulse rate is, see Mayo Clinic Heart Rate Page
- Read familiar quotes about hearts at "Who said it?" and use websites to find out the authors. Maybe then write your own quote!