Welcome Recorder Students!!
Practice naming notes. Click here for a note naming game
- You may take your recorder home to practice - just make sure to bring it back for class on Wednesday (3E and 3Ki) or Friday (3Ko and 3B).
- Practice the concepts we have covered in class:
- Produce a steady, characteristic tone (no squeaking!)
- Sit in the proper playing position (feet on the floor, back off the chair, sit up straight, be still, and follow Mrs. Z)
- Hold the recorders with the proper hand positions (left hand on top, right hand on bottom, hover or cover with your fingers)
- Tongue technique (say "Tah Tah Tah")
- Scales (G - A - B - C)
- Frosty the Snowman