KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION INFORMATION (for September 2014 enrollment)
To be eligible for registration, a child must be five years old on or before October 1, 2014. Our ½ day morning Kindergarten program hours are 8:30 a.m. – 11:25 a.m., while our ½ day afternoon Kindergarten program hours are 12:05 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION DATE IS MARCH 4, 2014
Kindergarten registration centers have been assigned in our elementary schools, according to existing boundaries, and registrations will be processed at the appropriate elementary schools, as noted below:
MARCH 4, 2014 (Tuesday)*
*NOTE: In the event of a weather-related school closing on 3/4, Kindergarten
registration will be rescheduled to Wednesday, 3/5.
80 Jones Drive 40 Maple Street
(908) 464-4707 (908) 464-7100
REGISTRATION FORMS: Can be obtained through the links below, at one of the above elementary schools, or the Board of Education Office.
Ø child’s birth certificate/or passport, if birth certificate is not available
Ø immunization and health exam records (not required at time of registration if child has not yet had 5 yr. old Dr. visit – see note below)
NPSD Student Registration Form
Immunization Record and Health Survey
Acknowledgement and Consent Forms
The following forms of documentation (proofs of residency) may demonstrate a student’s eligibility for enrollment in the district:
• Property tax bills, deeds, contracts of sale, leases, mortgages, signed letters from landlords and other evidence of property ownership, tenancy or residency.
• Voter registrations, licenses, permits, financial account information, utility bills, delivery receipts, and other evidence of personal attachment to a particular location.
• Court orders, state agency agreements and other evidence of court or agency placement or directives.
• Receipts, bills, cancelled checks and other evidence of expenditures demonstrating personal attachment to a particular location, or, where applicable, support of the student.
• Medical reports, counselor or social worker assessments, employment documents, benefit statements and other evidence of circumstances demonstrating, where applicable, family or economic hardship, or temporary residency.
• Affidavits, certifications and sworn attestations pertaining to statutory criteria for school attendance, from the parent, legal guardian, person keeping an “affidavit student”, adult student, person(s) with whom a family is living, or others, as appropriate.
• Documents pertaining to military status and assignment.
• Any business record or document issued by a governmental entity.
• Any other form of documentation relevant to demonstrating entitlement to attend school.
New Providence Schools also provide special education for children who are disabled to a degree. Information and guidance regarding these programs are available. Parents of preschool children ages 3 to 5 who are in need of special educational consideration can contact the Special Services Office at (908) 464-9050, ext. 239.
Transportation is furnished only to those children who are disabled and eligible.
If additional information is needed, please call the Board of Education Office at (908) 464-9050, ext. 239 (Special Services).
Please be aware that any initial determination of the student’s eligibility to attend school in this district is subject to more thorough review and subsequent re-evaluation, and that tuition may be assessed in the event that an initially admitted student is later found to be ineligible. If your student is found ineligible, now or later, you will be provided the reason(s) for our decision and instructions on how to appeal.
If you have any questions or need assistance regarding the enrollment process, please
call the District Registrar, Sandra Savage, in the Board of Education Office, at (908) 464-9050 ext. 221
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Monday through Friday)