September 2015- September 2020
By September 2020, the New Providence School District shall:
1. Research, create, and provide a unique New Providence STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) program that enhances opportunities for all students K-12.
2. Consider new elementary, middle, and high school programs, that continue to encourage creative thinking, collaboration, problem solving, and communication while fostering college and career readiness, and supporting the social and emotional growth of students.
3. Continue to provide students and staff access to and education in technologies in order to foster the district’s educational goals.
4. Engage in the public referendum (bond) process in order to update, enhance, and refurbish district facilities that ensure a comprehensive educational learning environment.
5. Review, research, and evaluate all co-curricular and extra-curricular programs, policies, and procedures in order to provide future benefits for all students.
6. Research, develop and implement a new Gifted and Talented program, which will meet the needs of the District.
7. Explore new programs and services for Special Education students to ensure provision in the least restrictive environment, while continuing to provide access to appropriate co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
8. Continue to evaluate and develop internal diagnostic tools to assess programming and determine students’ progress.
9. Continue to review operation and program controllable expenses for efficiencies, and endeavor to partner with corporate entities for potential revenue generating opportunities.